The Commission on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys (CSSBMB) will hold a roundtable focused on Closing the Achievement Gap Between White and Black Students.
November 3, 2022
The Roundtable Discussion will be live-streamed on the CSSBMB’s YouTube page here.
1:00 pm – 3:30 pm eastern time
The Commission on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys will lead a roundtable discussion on closing the school achievement gap. A panel of experts, composed of elected representatives, scholars, and non-governmental advocates, will examine the challenges that confront Black boys in the classroom. Through this discussion the panel will identify the keys for unlocking better educational outcomes and unleashing our nation’s full democratic and economic potential. This roundtable is scheduled ahead of the CSSBMB’s quarterly public meeting.
- The Honorable Frederica Wilson, Congresswoman (FL-24) and CSSBMB Chair
- Dr. Gregory C. Hutchings Jr., Founder and CEO, Revolutionary ED, LLC.
- Dr. Glenda Prime, Dean, School of Education and Urban Studies, Morgan State University and The National Center for the Elimination of Educational Disparities (NCEED)
- Kathy Hollowell-Makle, Executive Director, District of Columbia Association for the Education of Young Children
- Rev. Dr. James Henry Harris, Professor, Virginia Union University
- Dr. Walter Earl Fluker, Moderator
*Schedule subject to change.